Happy Sammy

Happy Sammy
Sammy

Tuesday 1 January 2013

2013 - A New Year

What a Wonderful World
AUNTY CYNDA - THANK YOU FOR MY SONG!

My New Year Wish came true. I have been able to see it come in. I will not see it go out but I will be watching over when it does.
My nights are becoming restless now, two nights in a row I have not rested easy.
I think my days are quickly coming to an end.
I'm not quite ready to go but I'm ready to accept that the time is close at hand. The time when I can run fast and far and be free of pain.
I was searching for wonderful poems to write here but there are so many to choose from.
I wanted one that tells my family how much I have loved them. One that tells them I know how much they loved me. Instead I wrote what's in my heart, if I could really talk.
Im so Thankful and grateful to the people who rescued me!
Nikki from Terrace and Yvette Labatte from Turtle Gardens Animal Rescue Topley B.C.
You gave me what I was searching for
My Forever Family to Love and Cherish me.

THANK YOU!

I am so grateful I was rescued
Two more years of life accrued
I learned I really did belong with Royalty.

I was pampered and adored
and I was told twas my reward
for just being who I am, Duchess Sammy

The others knew that I was ill
when I came within their guild
but they did not spill my secret even once.

Soon the day was coming
I would have to stop my running
Now that day has come and gone, yet here I am

And now I'm growing tired
and I try so hard hide it
Yet it's difficult some days to even smile.

Soon I'll find the strength to ask
my mom and dad to do the task
let me go to run o'er Rainbow Bridge.

But for now I soak up snuggles
lots of tummy rubs and cuddles
and a chance to lick the faces of my friends.

When I'm gone I shant look back
but run far and fast and free
Forever with The Rainbow Bridge Pack


1 comment:

  1. Oh Del, I am bawling my eyes out. Your poem is so beautiful - I don't know how you do it. Her restless nights will come, followed by restless days - but still look for her 'good' moments. There will still some good hours, then they become one hour, then moments. I wish I could give you a hug!

    ReplyDelete